Angelica and Jeremiah have a super special kind of love and a truly inspiring story. High school sweethearts, turned parents, turned travelers, turned homeless, but always happy and at home together, wherever they found themselves. Now stable and self-made but still enjoying the hell out of life and their adventures together.
Our experience was set in Washington – in a sweet little Airbnb in the forest of the great Pacific Northwest in the spring. It rained all throughout the day, but Angelica and Jeremiah were all snuggled up in their idyllic cabin. They shared their vows on the deck in front of the beautiful A-frame home. They snuggled up in front of the fire while it rained outside and had their first dance in the living room. They cut their cake and danced some more in the kitchen. They wandered through the forest along the river. And then they capped off a kickass day soaking (and getting a little steamy) in the hot tub.
An Airbnb or home rental can make for a super cozy and unique elopement venue! It’s not a perfect option for everyone but for those on the fence, here are some super helpful tips to help you consider if an Airbnb elopement is a good option for you: (I actually wrote a whole guide on this topic) – you can check it out here
SOME OF THE REASONS YOU MIGHT CHOOSE AN AIRBNB ELOPEMENT
- Great home base for all the elopement festivities!
- Back-up location in bad weather. Cozy place to wait out a little rain, or pop back in to dry off, or plan B when it just won’t let up.
- Cozy or stylish aesthetic, and little need for extensive decorating.
- Central location within range of activities – perhaps hiking trails, nearby waterfall, meadow for a picnic, local brewery, heli-tour or hot air balloon, whatever you dream up!
- Option for a mini-moon/extended stay following your elopement.
- An Airbnb elopement is comfortable and cozy – have a nap mid-day, sip coffee on the deck, wind down in front of the fire or in the hot tub.
- A way to include and ensure the comfort of older and/or less mobile friends and family.
- An Airbnb elopement is super cost effective when you think about everything you’re getting – A weekend getaway, possibly a venue for ceremony and/or dinner, first look/photo locations, space to get ready, etc.
- Great option if you want to have a ‘Just Us’ adventure, but also include friends and family on your elopement day.
- Intimate & personal experience.
Models: Angelica and Jeremiah – The Plant Based Healer
Dress: Shopping Sonder